Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Share the Joy Card - You Color My World



I really like making cards, but sometimes I'm totally out of time.  I don't know how it happens, but I realize I need a card and no time to make an intricate fussy card (which I typically love making).  Which is why I totally fell in love with the new Close to My Heart card front thin cuts.  It cuts out 12 holes and it's sized to fit the front of a regular A2 notecard with a thin border all the way around the card.

So this card is a fun AND QUICK one - I had been lusting after some of the fancy ink blending brushes, and found these on Amazon - they are very similar and they have cleaned off easily so far.  I started with the light color, Peach, and the ink really blended nicely into the card.   After Peach, I put on Pixie, Raspberry and then Pansy

The best way to blend the colors is really going from light to dark, no matter which colors you choose.

Right now is a great time to pick up the Pansy ink from Close to my Heart, it's retiring at the end of August.  The Pansy purple color is fantastic, and around the greater New Orleans area, it's very similar to LSU purple. So I'm going to be sad to see it retire!  

After blending the colors in an arc, the card is very nearly done!  I cut the white card front using the Share the Joy thin cuts die from Close to my Heart. 

I found a scrap of Pansy paper, embossed it with the retired swiss dots embossing folder (but really the embossing is just a little extra detail).  The Wild and Punny stamp set has a bunch of animal characters and I just liked the sentiment to go along with how pretty the coloring was on the card.  

So when I find a really fun stamp set that I like that has fun characters to color in, like the Wild & Punny ones, what I like to do is cut out and stamp a bunch of them, and then I pack them into a little pencil pouch and pop them into my bag or purse with the marker pouch I have.  Then when I'm waiting for someone or I have a free minute during lunch, I can take them out and work on a little coloring.  

Then, because I have the critters all ready to go, sometimes I like to see how they would look on a card front, but on this card I thought they were a little too busy - so I went back to the original with just the flamingo on them.  

I think it took me longer to try and decide which Wild & Punny critters to use than it took me to make the rest of the card! 


Here's what you need to make the card yourself:

Oval Makeup Brushes (from Amazon) 

Wild and Punny Stamp Set (only available until August 31, 2019) 

Swiss Dots Embossing Folder (retired - link goes to other embossing folders) 

Peach Ink
Pixie Ink
Raspberry Ink
Pansy Ink*

White Daisy Cardstock  
Pansy Cardstock 

Value Pack of Envelopes/A2 Cards

Share the Joy Thin Cuts Bundle


*I hope that these instructions inspire you create a piece of your own artwork because I like making and giving out cards. These links go to my Close to my Heart storefront, so you can replicate the card as closely as you desire, and while it does help me out (and that's nice and I appreciate it) I am always interested in seeing what art you create. 

No comments:

Post a Comment